Rabbitsoft is a Cambridge-based start-up that has developed Clinked – the simple, secure and social collaboration tool.
Clinked went into public beta in April 2011, and was launched commercially in November 2011. It joined a highly competitive market place so a key priority for the team was to clearly define the product, the market and the benefits of using Clinked.
The founders turned to The Foundry House for strategic marketing advice, to build brand awareness, drive take-up of Clinked and develop the skills and knowledge of two able interns. The timing coincided with fundraising, aimed at securing equity funding from angels or a VC.
What we did
As a start-up, in fundraising mode, work needed to be highly focused:
- we developed messaging and crystallised the product strengths
- we made recommendations to get the website and blog working harder, including restructuring, refocusing and optimising content
- we delivered a training workshop, showing the team how to maximise social media channels
- we set up social media monitoring tools and goal tracking
- we developed a series of case studies
- we created a ‘State of Online Collaboration’ infographic as the focus for blog outreach
- we kick started blog outreach with posts on econsultancy, Marketing TechBlog, Business2Community and Governing People
- we opened the door to a number of sponsorship/demo opportunities
- freemium users grew by 91% from July – November
- an early blog post called ‘Time Management on Steroids: How Collaboration Tools Can Change Your Life’ led to a new Enterprise client
- the website is now optimised for keywords/phrases and visitor numbers
- the team is now better equipped to maximise social networks and the blog
- the infographic gained significant exposure; it was shared on at least 15 blogs including influential bloggers such as Jacob Morgan (who added Clinked to his list of Enterprise Collaboration Vendors on Facebook) and Adi Gaskell
- It was shared on Twitter over 1000 times, giving Clinked a very large share of voice relative to its competitors
- It was shared on LinkedIn over 100 times
- It is still being shared today
Working with The Foundry House team has been great. They have been very focused and practical in their approach, starting with messaging and content development but also guiding us in the use of a wide range of communication channels. Their advice and support has made a significant contribution to the growth of our user base and they have shown us what can be achieved with a strategic approach to social media marketing.
Tayfun Bilsel, co-founder